I had the carpet cleaned in my studio last week. It was long overdue. Of course, one reason it took so long to call and schedule the appointment was the fact that most of the things would need to be cleared out of the room. But I finally did it. It took one afternoon to move everything except the large pieces of furniture into the garage. When it came time to put things back, I decided to go through several containers and straighten out the contents. I found so many things.
In the knitting area, I found many, many row keeper bracelets, stitch markers, gauge measures, several tape measures, a handy guide for buying yarn with the yardage needed already calculated, another guide with the symbols for caring for the yarn, several packages of yarn pins, and many yarn needles.
In the sewing area, I now have at least 4 of the 6 inch rulers that are so handy for measuring a hem, many zippers starting with 4 inch ones and going all the way to 22 inch ones, an abundance of snaps, hooks and eyes, needles, pins, and various trimmings.
One of the best things I found is a container full of seed beads. I’ve decided to use some self striping sock yarn and some of the beads and make a cell phone sock. I’m still picturing it and haven’t started it yet but I think I’ll use the same color bead as the yarn in every third or fourth stripe. This is unlike anything I’ve tried lately and I’m anxious to get started. I’ll let everyone know how it goes.
Meantime, I haven’t worked on any dishcloths in about a week. I started the 8 hour baby blanket with the encore and have been making progress but I don’t seem to be able to finish one in 8 hours of knitting. I still have the superior shawl in progress (it’s going slowly)and now I’ve been doing a few rows of the autumn shawl that I discovered last week.
It’s time to re-focus again and finish at least one of these projects but I really do want to experiment with the beaded cell phone sock.